Thursday 28 July 2016

Crazy Crafter's Team Highlights - Botanical Blooms

Z - Fold Card using the Botanical Blooms Bundle


Hi folks,

it's been a little while since I posted to my blog, so I thought I would have a little play with the Botanical Blooms set and try it out on a Z - Fold Card. I had so much fun putting this card together, and am really happy with the result. I haven't put a sentiment onto this card as I thought I'd keep it as a spare in case I need it and then attach an appropriate sentiment at that time.

I am sharing this card on the Crazy Crafter's Team Highlights - make sure your check out all the other talented people in this team and vote for your 3 favourite cards!

Click here to vote
http://www.craftykylie.com/2016/07/crazy-crafters-team-project-highlights_29.html


here is my card:


You can see why it's called a 'Z fold card'!


This is the card folded up


and this is inside the card


Now Let's Talk Technique

To get the multi-coloured effect on the flowers and the leaves I used re-inkers (Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo) on a few tissues.

By making sure the 3 colours were dropped close enough together - they blended making additional colours (green, orange, purple).


After this, I stamped into the coloured tissues and straight onto Whisper White cardstock. Below is the result. Each flower looks slightly different, but the effect is fantastic.


 Here is a closer look at how the flowers turned out.


For the leaves I used Daffodil Delight and Old Olive on tissues to create the effect of a leaf changing colour during the seasons.


Finally, the details for the Z Fold card came from a YouTube clip I found created by a lady called Dawn. I used the same measurements that she suggests in her video. If you're interested in the details - then click on the link below.



Thanks for stopping by and checking out my latest card creation!!!


Louise :)







11 comments:

  1. Hey Louise your card sings out Happy Happy Happy. I have watch a few tutorials on Baby Wipe Stamping and now seeing this I must give it a try. Your card is the winner this week. Watch this space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine for your kind words. I had so much fun playing around with this card and experimenting with the ink to make the flowers.fingers crossed, I never win anything!

      Delete
  2. A fun technique, and a super fun card Louise! I've never seen anyone do this with Botanical Blooms and it works a treat! Love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail. It's certainly a fun technique to play around with. Love how the flowers turned out for this particular card!

      Delete
  3. Wow! such a great technique Louise. Love the colours you've used and the Z-fold is a perfect way to show them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juan. I love how the card looks folded with the flowers too. Thanks for your lovely comment!

      Delete
  4. Great card! So bright and cheeerful and I love the two tone Z fold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Stephanie. It's such a great card to make. Will definitely be making more of them to give to friends and family.

      Delete
  5. Wow,it's really pretty. That's a great way to use reinkers. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree Satomi. Sometimes I don't use my re inkers at all so now I have a great way to use them! Thanks for your lovely comment!

      Delete
  6. Awesome technique Louise, I am going to give this a go, soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment - you've made my day :)