Wednesday 17 August 2016

Crazy Crafter's August Blog Hop - CASING Dawn Olchefske

Welcome to another 'Fun' Blog Hop with the Crazy Crafter's for the month of August.


If you are following the blog - you've just come from Juana Ambida - an amazing Crazy Crafter who makes the most beautiful cards (it's a hard act to follow)!

This time we are CASEing (Copy and Selectively Edit) a card from Dawn Olchefske. Here is a picture of Dawn and a link to her blog if you wish to check out more amazing creations that she has made.




The card that I have decided to CASE for this Blog Hop is a gorgeous card using another of my favourite stamp sets - "Awesomely Artistic"! As soon as I saw Dawn's card, I knew this was the one I wanted to CASE. I love how this card was created with the soft sponged background and the gorgeous dragon fly flying across the card. I loved the bling in this card too, it's such a sweet card I couldn't wait to recreate it with a few variations!

Here is the card that Dawn created:


and here is my card:




I used the NEW foam strip to stick the sentiment down. It added extra height and helped make it pop off the card!

I also fussy cut the dragon fly and mounted it onto stampin dimensionals so it also sat slightly raised from the rest of the card.
This is a close up of the background so you can see how the background was sponged on before stamping the flowers and ferns. I used Wisteria Wonder and Sweet Sugar Plum to sponge the background. I only used Flirty Flamingo for the three ferns that I stamped to add an additional colour to the composition.



Products Used:








Make sure that you keep on hopping and check out all the other fantastic cards/creations that the Crazy Crafter's have made for your viewing pleasure. Your next hop should be Rosalie Desmond - so grab a coffee and enjoy the show!

Don't forget to leave us a comment and let us know what you think of our cards :)

Happy Hopping.

35 comments:

  1. Just love how you have used the Awesomely Artistic Stamp Set , a great card. Angexo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so pretty - I love that colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Louise, your Card is so crisp and Clean looking, this is something I love about cards. The way you have used the Artistic Stamp Set looks amazing. I like your colour combo - semi monochromatic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. It was a great card to CASE!

      Delete
  4. Isn't this a pretty card! I was going to do a purple version of it but you have nailed it! Love your card! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Jessie! I'd love to see it with some darker purples too and maybe even a blue version. It's such a fun card to make.

      Delete
  5. Your card is gorgeous in Sweet Sugarplum....Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela. I'm finding that I'm very partial to sweet sugar plum! It's such a gorgeous colour!

      Delete
  6. Such a beautiful CASE Louise, love the colours, soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. I adore this stamp set!

      Delete
  7. Beautifully CASEd and great colour choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Louise....your colour combo for this card is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Vicki. I love how these colours worked together too! So soft and pretty!

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful card Louise. Great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card Louise - in my new fav colour too!! A great card with a great stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolina. Good minds think alike! ☺☺☺

      Delete
  11. Beautifully CASEd Louise! The colours go so well with this stamp set xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie. They are definitely a beautiful match!

      Delete
  12. Great case Louise. Love your colours. Such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colours and the fussy cut dragonfly. Beautifully Cased. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juan. It was definitely fussy to cut but so worth it!

      Delete
  14. ooh - that's one of my all-time favorite cards too! Your's is excellent in Sweet Sugarplum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooh - that's one of my all-time favorite cards too! Your's is excellent in Sweet Sugarplum!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Thanks so kindly Dawn! It was such a lovely card and really jumped out at me - when having to choose one to CASE. Thanks for hopping with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your CASE Louise - so elegant xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by to comment Leisa!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment - you've made my day :)