Tuesday 23 August 2016

Strawberry Sketches #SS006


Hi everyone,

this is my first time joining in with the weekly Strawberry Sketches - I have looked at the sketch for this week and was inspired to create a card using a stamp set I hadn't yet touched.

Here is the sketch for this week:


Click here to go directly to Sarah Berry's blog if you'd like more information about this Sketch Challenge.

and here is the card that I came up with:




I used some metallic cotton behind the sentiment to add some shine and it sat nicely on the beautiful metallic ribbon (also available from the new holiday catalogue - only available to demonstrators who pre-order, but if you can't wait till the catalogue is released then why not join my team and order these amazing products now)!!


This triple layered card was really easy to create but the effect is very striking! Here are the measurements I used to create this card.

Measurements


Original card size: 6" × 4"

Layer one in whisper white 5 3/4" × 3 3/4"

Layer two in black 5" × 3"

Layer three in whisper white 4 3/4" × 2 3/4"

Layer four in black 4" × 2"

Layer five in whisper white 3 3/4" × 1 3/4"

Instructions


To make this card, I assembled all the whisper white layers using a piece of washi tape on the back to temporarily hold it all in place. I stamped my images and then pulled them up. I then glued them down on the card from largest to smallest ensuring I mounted each on a piece of black cardstock that I'd previously cut.



I originally only stamped the starburst at the top left hand corner to follow along with the sketch suggestion - however it looked a bit bare - so I continued on and stamped some more starbursts around the card. I used the new Ombre inkpad in Calypso Coral and and the new Black Ombre ink pad available in the new holiday catalogue. I loved the sentiment and really lifted it up using dimensionals first, then sticking onto foam strips. This enabled the star underneath to be seen a little better and created some depth!

Here is a photo of some of the products I used for this card



Well I had fun making this card - if you haven't joined in for a sketch challenge then you should really try it. It definitely inspires creativity and helps to create something you may not normally come up with.

Happy Stamping!



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous repeat pattern/layering Louise. It all comes together to create one stunning card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks so much Kim for your lovely comment! It's a fun technique to play around with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Nice card! Thanks for playing along at Strawberry Sketches! Hope to see you back again this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarah. Hopefully I will try and join in again this week! ☺☺

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment - you've made my day :)