Monday 5 September 2016

Case This! Challenge #001

Hi all,


I didn't think I'd make it, but I manage to rustle up a card to join with  Jessie Holton's first Card challenge that she is now holding weekly from her blog. If you like to be challenged and craft - then head on over to her blog for all the details about how you too, can join in with this new weekly challenge. This week, to kick it off we had to CASE a card that Jessie had made.

To see Jessie's Card and her the details for this challenge - click on the link.




Here is my card that I came up with:


I stuck to the same colours that Jessie used for her card - I used Pool Party, Flirty Flamingo and So Saffron. I was excited that Jessie had used my favourite DSP for her background as I love making cards with this cardstock!!!


I didn't have the exact same stamp sets or thinlits but I improvised and used Rose Garden for my flowers and leaves. I wanted them to be whole, not cut out - so with lots of patience and the fine tip glue pen I glued all the bits of of whisper white back into the spaces. I did the same with the leaves - which I sponged with Pear Pizazz. I also added a sentiment, as I wanted to give this card to a good friend of mine :)

I


I mounted it onto foam strips to add some height using Sweet Sugar Plum cardstock, and then Dapper Denim (both new in-colours from the new catalogue).



My two best friends - some fine tipped tweezers and the fine tipped glue pen.

The ribbon I used is the new silver glittery number from the holiday catalogue.

Well, that's it for me - hope you enjoyed this card and it gives you some ideas and tips in making your next card or scrapbooking page.

Happy Crafting







7 comments:

  1. Louise this is just gorgeous. With perfect blending and a wonderful layout. I simply adore the sentiment too, say's it all & that matches your card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Sue for popping by and checking out my card!☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Sue for popping by and checking out my card!☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card! Love how you've inserted all the little bits back into the die cut flowers to make them whole again & you've lined up your stamp on them so well! Thanks for joining in with the Case This Card challenge!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessie. Yes it was a very fiddly card and almost regretted the idea of sticking all the bits back in, but once I started I had committed. ☺☺☺ love the outcome but it was a little painful.

      Delete
  5. Love your blending technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Vanessa. Glad you stopped by!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment - you've made my day :)