Sunday 11 September 2016

Crazy Crafter's September Blog Hop with Special Guest - Sarah Berry



Hi and welcome to another fabulous Blog Hop with the famous Crazy Crafter's. This time we are hopping with Sarah Berry and Casing one of her wonderful creations. If you have come from Stephanie Fischer, then make sure you continue to hop along and check out all the talented people who have joined in with this blog hop.

So here is a picture of Sarah Berry,

she is an awesome demonstrator from the UK and her blog is full of inspiration - click here to check it out. Sarah also runs a weekly sketch  challenge called Strawberry Sketches, if you like entering weekly blog challenges then head over to website for more information on how you can play along too.

Choosing a Card

It was so difficult trying to choose a card to CASE (copy and selectively edit) from Sarah's amazing collection of creations as I liked so many! In the end I came up with this card.




I chose this card as I wanted to create something that was stamped in a repeated pattern too. I liked this simple but effective layout and thought it was the perfect challenge.

My CASE of Sarah's Card:



In a recent card I made for Strawberry Sketches I used the triple layer stamping technique. If you want the exact measurements that I used for each layer - pop over to my previous post and all the details are there for you :)



This stamp set is a new one - only available when the holiday catalogue goes live in September. It's called Day at the Beach and it's perfect for our hot Aussie Summer Christmas holidays. If you can't wait to have this stamp set, then why not join my team by following the link on my blog home page and ordering it early!!!



I really like how this all came together - and thought the new burlap ribbon paired so well with this beachy themed card. The bottom layer is Dapper Denim, then Bermuda Bay, then Tempting Turquoise. I stamped the dolphin in Dapper Denim too. The starfish and sentiment are from a different stamp set called: Picture Perfect.



Product List







Happy Hopping everyone - enjoy the rest of this blog hop!




37 comments:

  1. I love the way each layer uses a different colour card stock. Brilliant use of Day at the Beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dolphins Louise.....who doesn't love the beach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki. I love this set. I didn't have a dolphin stamp and now I do and it's so cute!

      Delete
  3. I really like your repeated pattern Louise. A perfect card for any sea or beach lover. Your colour scheme fits so well too with your theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. I was happy with how it turned out and had a beachy feel to it!

      Delete
  4. Awesome card Louise. The more I see this set being used the more I want it now. Love the dolphins and fabulous concept and layout. Excellent case. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally need this set Juan. It is perfect to create a really Australian card that captures our holiday season perfectly!

      Delete
  5. I just love this technique Louise and you have nailed it. Well Done. Angexo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Angela. It's such a fun effective technique.

      Delete
  7. love the little center with the star fish, ribbon etc. Looks gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamie. Just wanted to finish off the beachy theme. Glad you like it. The burlap ribbon is definitely a winner for me!

      Delete
  8. Louise I really like how you have used three depth of blue cardstock, This says to me, the depths of the Ocean where Dolphins swim. Your Triple Stamping is brilliant, Stamping the Dolphins in the way is just how they look playing through the water. I must admit as I said on Kylie's Blog too, I am not a huge fan at all of the "Aussie Summer" Stamp Set but seeing her and now your design, it makes me realize that they are no rules in Stamping, we can use them for whatever our hearts and minds inspire us to do. I think the Starfish with the strip of Burlap makes the card complete. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. To be honest the stamp set didn't originally appeal to me either. But I desperately wanted a dolphin stamp and now I've used this set a few times and it looks so different when it's stamped with different colours and not necessarily used for a Xmas holiday theme! It's quite a cute versatile set that will come in handy for scrapbooking our family beach visits too! Glad you liked my card. I love the burlap ribbon too. Such a great beachy addition to the card!

      Delete
  9. Your dolphins are so straight! I love the symmetry of your card! And a great mix of colours too, really beachy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessie. I should have photographed the card on the beach too. I'm only two minutes from the beach and it would have created the perfect back drop!😀😀

      Delete
  10. Great case. It'll be very challenging for me to line up those dolphins! Well done Louise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Vanessa. It's very easy if you use the misti!😀😀😀

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card! It just screams "summer" and I think we're all ready for that! Love your colour choices!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this technique! Great card Louise :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhhhh this card makes me miss my sailing with dolphins days. Perfect summer card and great CASE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Satomi. Wow sailing with dolphins! How amazing. Glad I could remind you of that!

      Delete
  15. Love the way you have made this card, looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Louise I LOVE this!!! Its so summery beachy so aussie! Love the triple layer effect it really brings your card to life xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leisa, so glad it reminds you of an aussie beach day in the summer! Thanks for popping by.😀😀😀

      Delete
  17. Louise I LOVE this!!! Its so summery beachy so aussie! Love the triple layer effect it really brings your card to life xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh sunny days, I can't wait for them to come! Your card is helping it on the way for sure, beautiful layering, love your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks so much for your lovely comment!

      Delete
  19. Love your card Louise. So bright and happy, makes me forget about the cold rainy weather where I am now. I don't have either of these sets, must reconsider them now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kirsten, hopefully the weather improves for you soon but glad my card helped to forget about your cold rainy weather.

      Delete
  20. Hi, I really liked your card. I live in Florida, so this type of ad can be used for just about anything! I tried to go to your Strawberry post, but couldn't find it? Help, Please? I'd love to make a card like this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Gloria, thanks for visiting my blog and checking out my card. Just to make sure, are you talking about my card that won strawberry sketches? It had a rose on it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment - you've made my day :)