Sunday 25 September 2016

Crazy Crafter's September Blog Hop with Special Guest - Paula Dobson



Welcome to another Crazy Crafter's Blog Hop - this time we are delighted to be hopping with Paula Dobson, a New Zealand Stampin' Up! Demo - here is a link to her blog so you can pop over and check out all her cool cards!

Now, let me tell you - it was soooooo hard to choose just one project to tackle and CASE (Copy and Selectively Edit) as Paula creates the most amazing cards and choosing just one is so difficult. I trawled through her blog for quite some time and wanted to try so many different things - it was a 'pretty card' overload to say the least.

Finally, I found a card that was in colours that reflected a masculine card and so decided to challenge myself - as I always tend to make pretty pink cards!!


Here is the card that Paula created:


I liked the repetition in the card and the colour combination - so this was my challenge - to create a card using similar hues and repetition!!

Here is the card that I came up with:


So as you can see, my repetition was the dolphin - repeating across the card front! This is a new stamp set - available September if you are not a Demonstrator. It's called 'Day at the Beach' - and it's just gorgeous. Again I have used the triple layering stamp technique so I could incorporate 3 different tone's of cardstock behind each layer of Whisper White cardstock. The first layer is Dapper Denim, then Bermuda Bay and Finally Pool Party. The Dolphin has been stamped using Dapper Denim too.



I created the Starfish from the stamp set 'Picture Perfect' which is a two step process. The result creates a textured starfish. I fussy cut this starfish as a base for the sentiment. I used the burlap ribbon again (it features a lot lately in my cards). I just love this cool rustic style ribbon which I think helps the sentiment to pop!!! The sentiment also comes from the same stamp set - Picture Perfect.



Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out the other Crazy Crafter's blog's by hopping through the list. We have some amazing talent in our group, I'm sure you will be inspired and want to get creating yourself.







36 comments:

  1. Awesome card Louise! I knew I should have got this stamp set!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolina! Great set, add it to your wish list.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic CASE Louise I love the repetition effect too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card and Case Louise. Love the triple layering effect topped off with the multi stamping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see dolphins jumping around! Great case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Louise.....definitely have to get this set

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours you've used & the starfish & burlap look great on it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card Louise! This card of Paula's was one of my option to Case too - but I went with s different one. Love what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie. It's such a cute card to CASE.

      Delete
  8. Great Case Louise. Love the summer feel of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Louise, your repetition card is card is fabulous and made even more special by triple layering it too! I love your CASE. Thanks so much for having me on your hop xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula. It was a fun card to CASE. Thanks for hopping with us!

      Delete
  10. Very clever CASE - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Louise, I love the colours too. Great card honey xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome, love the layering and repetition of the stamping, great case

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the dolphins! Awesome card Louise!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment - you've made my day :)