Friday 30 September 2016

Crazy Crafters Team Project Highlights





Hi everyone and welcome back to my blog.

Today I am sharing with you a couple of cards I've created using a technique that Kylie Bertucci has recently shared with us via a Facebook live event. I've always wanted to create a card like this and just wasn't quite sure how it was done. After seeing the tutorial I just had to give it a try. Basically you use your bigshot to create lots of layers of the same sentiment and carefully glue them on top of each other (stacking them up) to create the height you see in the card. The last layer is the original part of the card that you also cut using your bigshot. Using the fine point glue pen  is really helpful in creating this card without the mess of ordinary adhesives. I used four layers of black cardstock (as suggested by Kylie) and the final layer being the original card that I stamped.

I really love how this technique makes the sentiment pop right off the card with a 3D effect.


Using the "Penned and Painted" Stamp set I created two different cards. I used the "Sweet Cupcake" framelits for the sentiment.



Card #1


For the flowers, I stamped the outline in Chocolate Chip ink as I wanted it to be slightly softer than using the black. I also mounted onto chocolate chip cardstock too. I did however use black cardstock to create the sentiment height as I wanted this to really pop!!

Photo taken on an angle so you can see the sentiment and the height of it from the side.

Inside the card I continued to stamp some flowers and leaves. I also used the cupcake to create the message inside the card.


I used my aqua painter to create the really soft water-colouring for the inside of the flowers. I used melon mambo and pink pirouette. For the leaves I used pear pizzazz.


This second card was a little experimental and I'm not sure I'm happy with it yet but wanted to share it anyway. I used darker colours for the stamping and the leaves. Emerald envy for the inside of the leaves (this time using the two step stamping option) rather than water-colouring. I used elegant eggplant for the inside part of the flowers and wisteria wonder for the out part.

I used melon mambo cardstock to build up my sentiment this time rather than black - just to see what it would look like!

Well if you want to know more about this bigshot technique, please don't hesitate to contact me for more information.

Now don't forget to vote for your 3 favourite cards this week back over at Kylie's Blog. Click here to go to the voting page (click on the love heart on the top right hand corner of the image).



Bye for now.





9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Louise, the techniques is so very effective! Your water colouring is so well done too.
    I haven't used this technique before as I didn't know how it was done until the tutorial either. Fantastic work x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, thanks for popping by and leaving such a lovely comment. It's such a cute way to bring the sentiment to life!

      Delete
  2. I love your card Louise, so effective with those watercoloring techniques. Well Done. Angexo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Angela. I'm really enjoying water colouring at the moment. This particular stamp set is a good one for it!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Angela. I'm really enjoying water colouring at the moment. This particular stamp set is a good one for it!

      Delete
  3. I would not have thought to put these two stamp sets together but they look fantastic! And I love the propped up Sweet sentiment over the flowers, too! It looks fantastic!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jessie. I didn't think it would work either but it does surprisingly. It's the only current word framelits I have and I wanted to use my new stamp set Penned and Painted! Glad it came together ok!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Louise. I love your colours and the raised die cut sentiment on the front :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Kirsten! Congratulations on your card too. It was gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment - you've made my day :)