Thursday 1 September 2016

Global Design Project 051 #GDP051

Global Design Project 051





Welcome to a fun Challenge by the design team at Global Design Project.

This time it's all about food - So I was excited to use a stamp from a new Stamp Set available in the NEW Holiday Catalogue.






"Day at the Beach" - love this stamp set and it goes so well with our Australian Holiday season as we enjoy sun and surf with our climate!!



So here is my card for this challenge:


I used Melon Mambo to watercolour the popsicles and rose red to stamp the little cherries - From a different stamp set called "Mixed Drinks".

I also used some washi tape to bring some Melon Mambo into the background of the card too.

The popsicles on the card were stamped with Memento Black ink as it doesn't smudge when watercolouring over it.



The sentiment was also from the set "Mixed Drinks" and the little lemon pieces also came from this set and seemed perfect to highlight the sentiment!!



Well thanks for stopping by to check out my latest card, using some of the newest products by Stampin' Up!  If you want to join in this week, follow the link to GDP here!!!

If you have any questions about creating this card - don't hesitate to contact me or subscribe to see more :)








6 comments:

  1. Great colors! Takes me away to a beach. Thank-you for taking the GDP challenge this week! - Krista from Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krista for your lovely comment. This week's challenge was fun using food as our theme!🍨🍭🍦🍰🍕🍟🍖🍤🍫🍞🍲🍌🍎🍇🍆🍄🍋🍊🍍🍓🍒🍑🍐🍉🍈

      Delete
  2. Cute way to spotlight the great colours of your palette Louise. Thanks so much for sharing your talents and joining in with this week's Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess, thanks for stopping by and commenting. I liked this effect and want to explore it further in some more cards I created! ☺☺

      Delete
  3. This is so sweet, reminds me of summer & kids & the beach. I miss summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kim. It was a fun card to create using this theme!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment - you've made my day :)