Monday 12 September 2016

Global Design Project 052 #GDP052

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog,

this week I was determined to enter a card into this week's Global Design Project as it was just too cute to pass up. I love making baby cards and when I saw the banner for this week I had to put an entry in too.

here is the banner challenge for this week: Case the Designer: Teneale Williams



Now before I created my card I saw a fellow Crazy Crafter who had created the most amazing Side Step card for this challenge. OMG. If you haven't seen it, then head over to Juana Ambida's blog and check it out. AMAZING!!!



So I CASED Juan's card as it was just sooooo gorgeous and I really wanted to create a side step card too.

Here is what I came up with.


I really love how with the side step card you can Incorporate lots of cute baby images that can taper up the card to show some depth.


The back of the card is left blank so there is a little room to write a message to the new parents.


I used 3 different stamp sets for this card. Baby Bear, Swirly Bird and Something for Baby. I also used the matching framelits to cut out the pram, duck, safety pins and stacking blocks with my big shot. this saved having to fussy cut all these little bits and pieces.


I used white heat embossing powder for all the white parts of the card as it helped to finish it off and with a glossy effect. I used the NEW copper emboss powder for the wheels of the pram.


I really hope you enjoyed popping over to see my card this week.

until next time, happy crafting.



2 comments:

  1. LOVE your card Louise - so adorable! Great colours and love all the little details. The white heat and clear embossing adds that special touch. You did a brilliant job! Congrats and thanks for casing me. Your brother and his family will surely love this and cherish it. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks for taking a look! Glad you like it and I did your card case proud. Thanks for all your inspiration! You rock!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment - you've made my day :)