Friday 16 September 2016

Mixed Drinks

Mixed Drinks - finally a stamp set that goes with my past time of enjoying a cocktail here and there!!



HI everyone, welcome to my blog - It's Friday and that means you've probably worked hard this week and perhaps you are enjoying a cold refreshing beverage after work!! Well, I'm sharing with you this new stamp set 'Mixed Drinks' and highlighting it on Kylie's blog - Crazy Crafter's Team Project Highlights.

Make sure if you like my card you click on the little heart in the right hand corner to give me a vote. Also, don't forget to check out the other cards that are being shared this Friday!!






When I saw this stamp set appear in the new 2016/2017 catalogue, I knew I just had to have it. How fabulous to be able to stamp cute drinks, cocktails etc on to a card front or even scrapbook a cocktail event with the ladies. I've also seen it used to create milkshakes and other cute drinks. I decided to create a sweet cherry-ade drink in a mason style glass. Love the stripy straw too and the gorgeous two step cherries to create the outline and the shading!!

I had a play today with this set and here is the card that I came up with:


I used a wink of stella to go over my drink colour (sweet sugar plum) and make it sparkle. I haven't used Wink of Stella in a while so thought it was time to bring it back out!!!



I also used the Swirly Bird framelit to create the cute black swirl at the bottom of the card for a little embellishing. The bottom right hand corner was a technique I blogged about a while back using the botanical blooms set to create the flowers. Click here if you'd like to go back and see this post.

I also used some wink of stella on the leaves and flower petals to give them a bit of a sparkle too.


Finally to tie in with the pink and black in the card, I used some washi tape from the Pop of Pink colour combo. I love washi tape and really like how it added some more colour and dimension to the card background.


So make sure you check out the other great cards from my team and if you haven't already, grab yourself a cocktail and enjoy your night.




P.S.

Don't forget to grab yourself a copy of this awesome stamp set and if you don't have a demonstrator - pick me!!!








4 comments:

  1. WOW Louise I love your flower! How you tied all the colours together adding the washi tape was a great move too. Your card has a fun tropical feel to it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kim. There's a lot going on this card background but it just works!😀😀😀

      Delete
  2. What a great fun card Louise, I love how you have used the Botantical Builder Thinlits to make your own flowers. One of my fav's. Angexoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Angela. Love this set too. It makes great flowers!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment - you've made my day :)