Friday 2 September 2016

Strawberry Sketches #SS008


Strawberry Sketch Challenge #SS008


Welcome back to another great challenge put on by Sarah Berry. I was so excited to win the sketch challenge last week that I had to play along again this week. If you didn't see my winning entry, then click here to see it now!


Here is the Sketch challenge for this week:




and here is what I came up with:



I again used my favourite DSP (at the moment) - Irresistibly Floral Designer Series Paper) for the background. I then sponged it with the New In-Colour - Peekaboo Peach and Daffodil Delight to create the lovely blended background.



For the leaves - I used some left over's from another project (they have also been sponged on my favourite DSP) with the new In-Colour, Emerald Envy and Cucumber Crush. I then cut them out using the Thoughtful Branches Die (which is a limited edition set).



For the sentiment I used the new copper embossing powder. The sentiment comes from 'Thoughtful Branches' as well and I punched it out using the 'Duet - Banner Punch'. The small leaves underneath are from Thoughtful Branches and they were stamped out with Black Memento ink.

This card is also being featured on Kylie Bertucci team highlights this week. Click on the link to vote for my card.



Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my most recent creation.







12 comments:

  1. Lovely Louise! That card stock paper is so fun isn't it! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. Yes I'm enjoying playing with this DSP to make some interesting cards!

      Delete
  2. Hey, Lousie I love how you have made the DSP look fun. I have also done this using DSP through the Big Shot with the awesome Thinlits, Framelits Dies from Stampin' Up!. Card Making is fun with Heat Embossing Sentiment for the BLING, you Rocked the Fun into this card. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so much Christine for your beautiful comment! I love heat embossing too to achieve a similar effect. Thanks for stopping by and looking at my most recent card! ☺☺☺

      Delete
  3. Such clever use of the IF DSP & TB framelits! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louise, you use the sketch really well. I've got inspired a lot with your card. Maybe I might try this sketch myself. I haven't tried the Irresistibly Floral DSP yet, but it looks stunning. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Satomi, thanks for your comment! I liked this sketch. It created a great composition for a card. And yes, you totally need to play with this new DSP, it is amazing!

      Delete
  5. I haven't used this DSP as yet, I think I will just have to get onto that now that I have seen your card :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Sue. So glad I've shown you something new from the catalogue. You won't regret it. It's such a fun stack!

      Delete
  6. Fabulous card Louise. Lovely colours and great use of the DSP. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juan. Am a little addicted to this DSP!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment - you've made my day :)