Tuesday 6 September 2016

What Will You Stamp - Challenge Blog #80


Welcome to my blog, if you've clicked on my link from the "What Will You Stamp" blog team, then you'll have already of perused all the amazing cards created using this extremely versatile set.

If not, then click here to see them.

Now I've seen some really cool cards made using this set; you can create flowers, trees, ocean themes, flowers, kits, spinners and the list goes on.

But... I decided to keep my theme abstract and just use the swirls to create some positive and negative space. I really like contrast in cards and with this set I knew straight away that I wanted to try something different to what I had tried in the past with this set. I have seen a few people create cards where they create the same card twice - in two different colours and then chop them up to create a new card with positive and negative space.

Here is what I came up with:




I ended up with two cards by doing this effect, and so mounted one on Sweet Sugar Plum cardstock and one on Tempting Turquoise. The sentiment came from a different set, Rose Garden.


I used black and white heat emboss powder for some of the swirls and for others I cut them out using the matching framelits. You can see the sentiment is two different colours- and where it crosses over the centre line it becomes the opposite colour. I thought this was a pretty cool effect but I would like to explore it more with different stamp sets and a thicker sentiment - so it shows up the positive and negative space clearly.


To glue the fine cut out pieces down I used the Fine Tip Glue pen - OMG I just love this glue. I always stick down tiny bits and pieces and this glue is amazing and so precise. If you don't own this glue, you need to purchase it!!!





I glued the top card down on an angle using foam adhesive strips and the second card - with just glue and I kept it straight. I thought these cards would be great to make up in a set if you needed to make multiple copies of the same card.


Well I hope you enjoyed seeing my cards for this #WWYS80 challenge.


Happy Crafting!



6 comments:

  1. LOVE the black and white! Makes for such a striking card!! Thanks for joining us at WWYS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comment Tammy.I love a black and white card. It definitely stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positively stunning Louise! Love the effect of your colour choices x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, thanks for your lovely comment. Cheers, Louise ☺☺

      Delete
  4. What a great card Louise, love the black and white. Thanks for joining the What Will You Stamp challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for popping by and checking out my card Tracy! Cheers, Louise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment - you've made my day :)