Friday 16 September 2016

WWC85 - Jean's Colour Challenge

Jean's Colour Challenge - Watercooler Wednesday

Today I'm playing along with Watercooler Wednesday - I just couldn't resist the challenge of creating a card using this cool colour scheme.



To play along too, or visit the blog and see other cool card creations - click here



So here is my card that I came up with using this colour combination:


I used black cardstock for the base and then mounted onto whisper white cardstock. I then created my card using DSP - Irresistibly Floral. I sponged around the edges using black ink to create a border and to highlight the pattern on the paper. I then used the new Copper embossing powder to create the top of my tree on vellum. This is a limited time set - Thoughtful Branches with matching framelits. I love how the tree turned out. I stamped the trunk using black ink.

The sentiment was also stamped using the copper heat embossing powder. Under the sentiment I decided to use some washi tape to continue the theme of black and white. This tape is from the Pop of Pink designer washi tape. It added a litte texture beneath the sentiment!!




I'm also showcasing this card on Kylie's Blog highlights.


Why not grab a cuppa and check out what the Crazy Crafters have been creating and don't forget you get 3 votes too so please vote by clicking on the heart in the top right hand corner of the image. Follow the link above to Kylie's blog!



I really hope you enjoyed seeing this card and come back again to visit soon.

Don't forget to check out the other cards using this colour combo too!



16 comments:

  1. Hi Louise, I love the mood you've achieved by sponging the Irresistibly Floral DSP with the black and leaving the lighter area around your wonderful copper-leafed tree. What a great way of showcasing the versatility of the Thoughtful Branches set! Great idea adding the Washi tape under the sentiment. It really helps it to "pop", especially the way you've cut around the vellum. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heidi, thanks so much for your lovely comment. I really enjoyed creating this card and following this colour challenge to create something really unique. 😀😀😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the effect of embossing on vellum Louise. Love the washi tape too really adds that extra dimension and interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kim. It does look great with embossing powder on vellum. Also have made a solemn vowel to use my washi tape more often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool card! Nice take on our sketch this week! Love the edgy feel too. Thanks for joining us Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Libby, thanks for visiting and leaving a lovely comment. Hopefully I'll be able to join in again soon!

      Delete
  6. Great use of the Thoughtful Branches stamp set Louise. I like the addition of the washi tape and the sentiment stamped on the velum. Nice touches. Thanks for joining the gang at the Watercooler this week and sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny, thanks for visiting and making such a lovely comment.this was a great challenge!

      Delete
  7. Wow! This card of yours is gorgeous and really intrigued me - even from a distance! Congratulations - it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie,

      thanks so much for you comment - the colour scheme was pretty cool and I think it helped to create an intriguing card. Cheers, Louise

      Delete
  8. How cool is this! Love what you've done with the colour combo. Agree with Stephanie, it's very intriguing, can't stop looking at it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessie,

      thanks for taking a look - glad you liked it! Appreciate your comment :)

      Delete
  9. Great card Louise. I love the copper embossing on vellum. And the colour scheme gives an almost Halloween feel to it. Well done! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gail, Yes I agree it does have a Halloween feel to it!!! Wasn't my intention but it definitely has a spooky element to it!

      Delete
  10. I love what you have done with this card, the colors just make it all work. Angexo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela,

      thanks for you comment too. I agree the colour scheme is just perfect. It was fun coming up with a card to suit this colour combo!!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment - you've made my day :)