Sunday 9 October 2016

Crazy Crafter's October Blog Hop with Special Guest - Julie Davidson



Hi and welcome to another Crazy Crafter's Blog Hop. This month we have the privilege of hopping with the very talented Julie Davidson - woo hoo. If you haven't been to visit Julie and her blog, then click here to visit her blog (but make sure you do come back and see all the amazing talent that is on offer from our fabulous team.

Well without further ado, I present to you the card that Julie made and I am CASing today.


Link to YouTube: - https://youtu.be/9PVUI6Bh-7E



This was a card I found through YouTube as I wanted to try something a bit different and use some washi tape in my card. My goal for this year is to use my washi tape and not just keep buying it and collecting it (hehehe). This card is perfect for using up washi tape if you want to get rid of some retired product or in my case, I used the gorgeous new "Pop of Pink" washi tape. I can't get enough of this tape. I have used it quite a few times in my cards recently as I absolutely love the colours. This is definitely something I would stock up on before it retires :)

So below is the Pop of Pink Washi Tape!!! Gorgeous isn't it!

To create the butterfly I used a the  butterfly thinlit die.



and here is the outcome ...

I used some gold sequins to decorate some of the white space. The butterfly was cut out 4 times - 3 times in black and then mounted on top of each other to create some height. the final layer was mounted onto stampin dimensionals so it really lifted above the card to show depth.



After doing this the butterfly still needed something else to finish it off so I decided to use some Wink of Stella around the edges of the butterfly. Can you see it? Not sure if the photo really shows it well, but the card has a gorgeous sparkle around the edges and looks great!



This photo shows the layers of black beneath the white layered butterfly. It looks like the butterfly is just floating above the card with a slight shadow and the layers of washi tape emerging through the cut out parts of the butterfly.

I have purposely cropped the white layer as Julie suggested in her YouTube video to reveal the layer of coloured washi tape background and also create a coloured border at the same time.


Finally I have left off the sentiment this time as I am still deciding what type of card this will be.


What do you all think??

Please leave your suggestions in the comment box below and the most popular suggestion will be what I go with. I will then add it and repost a picture of the updated card after the blog hop concludes!! Can't wait to see what you think:)




23 comments:

  1. Lovely card! A 3-D butterfly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea Louise. I like how you have 'lifted' your butterfly :) AND YES I can just see the wink of stella on the butterfly for the added sparkle. Lovely CASE Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! Love wink of Stella. So subtle at times but so nice as a final touch.

      Delete
  3. Ahhh - that's how to use washi tape! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. It's definitely going to be one of the ways I use it again in the future!

      Delete
  4. Such a gorgeous card, you've done your washi so straight! And the wink of stella looks great! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessie. Loved playing with washi for this card!

      Delete
  5. Fabulous card Louise. Great way to use washi tape for a stylish background. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juan. It does create you're own washi DSP! 😂😂😂

      Delete
  6. Love your card Louise! What a great way to use Washi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks
      Kirsten. It is definitely a good way to work through a stash!

      Delete
  7. Lovely! You found one of my hidden YouTube gems! I love the black and white and pink color combo -- it looks classic and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Julie. Yes, I did go through lots of your old YouTube videos until I found something really cool to case and share. Thanks again for hopping with the Crazy Crafter's!

      Delete
  8. Love how you have used this large butterfly , sometimes I find it hard to use this one but you have nailed it. An awesome card. Angexo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela. I have not used this butterfly nearly enough either. I will definitely try and use it more!

      Delete
  9. Great card and amazing use of washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cool!!! I'd totally forgotten this beautiful butterfly die, you've inspired me to create with it again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's awesome Carolina. It's such a beautiful die too. So glad I could re inspire you to use it!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks Mum! You could make this as you've got the butterfly thinlit!😉😉😉

      Delete
  12. I have just discovered using washi tape this way too! I think it's a 'Hello' card :). Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment - you've made my day :)